I have heard so many ways that my itty bitty bags have been used or gifted.
The obvious is the person who really likes a small bag. This is what my company was founded on. I’ve never been a big bag gal. I also don’t like to wear anything up on my shoulder, it feels too girly for me. The reality though is that I still have to carry stuff around. I need the obvious…my phone & wallet but now I carry my daughters epi-pen everywhere I go.
Here are a few of the great stories that have been shared with me.
There was the sweet little girl who loved to be like her mom and carry a few of her toys with her when they went in the car or to the market. The itty bitty was just the right size, soft & easy to hold. How often do you end up carrying your child’s stuff because it gets too heavy.
Another time there was a woman who purchased a custom bag for her great grandmother who was 90. Her great grandmother had a specific style so she selected the black and white vintage paisley, she travels light and going to church was her big outing for the week. The itty bitty was perfect for all her necessities & stylish too!
I love making custom made bags for this reason. No matter the age, they are wonderful bags that are made very well. I take great pride in every stitch and I make bags that last and last. They have an heirloom quality. Some bags I’ve made are more utilitarian like the mom bag which must be machine washable.
Many designers & shops make a lot of the same bag. I purchase my fabric in one yard increments so that while I might make two bags with the same fabric, they might be two very different bags. I want your bag to be special and unique.
Back to the itty bitty…I know with all of the information you receive from stores…it is really over whelming this time of year. I apologize for all the emails during black friday through cyber monday but sending out offers is a great reward for loyal fans & for attracting new business. I promise I won’t be like other stores and send them every day or multiple times a day. Though it might be good for business…it is not my style.
If the stories above were not enough here are some ideas to help you out with your itty bitty bag purchase:
* Office friend – great little tote to leave on your desk for trips to the ladies room to freshen up. Include some of your favorite items. Mine was lavender or rose spray.
* Little girl – a “real” my first purse. No writing on the outside is necessary to describe such a personal purchase. It should be in a color she adores, be functional & safe. This is my goal. No tiny parts, no buttons, no snaps, no long handles. Made with 100% cotton, machine washable and beautiful.
* Your grandmother – chances are…she doesn’t need to carry around a lot of things. Perhaps include a zipper pouch for her coupons. Include some lotion, tissues & a bus pass. Chances are she’ll be over the moon over the idea.
* Your runner friend – yes, having something made by a runner for another runner is just awesome. Include some of their favorite running treats like Power Gel, GU, Body Glide & socks. The little “gift” bag they can use forever.
* For you – we can never have too many purses or shoes. It always amazes me with these two concepts. Even if you have enough bags…you can always find a reason to need another one. Some are too big, too bulky and itty bitty are just right. Go ahead and treat yourself. You deserve it.